Go Deeper with Moroccan Arabic
This course expands the material in Curious Explorer and includes lessons on taking a taxi, asking for directions, booking a hotel room, ordering food in a restaurant and buying basic items in a shop. For any traveler to Morocco.
Unravel the mystery of the Arabic script while developing a greater appreciation for the language.
If you are staying for more than 2 weeks or you are planning to study, work or live in Morocco, this is an excellent introductory course that will help you get into the culture, build relationships and understand the Moroccan culture better.
The “Serious Explorer” can also be expanded to a “XL-Version” of up to 20 sessions. The additional sessions would include practical mini-dialogues, skills for language learning and staying with a Moroccan family.
At the end of nine hours:
- You will feel more comfortable navigating your way around the city.
- You will be able to use appropriate greetings and ask basic questions.
- You will feel more confident bargaining in the souk and you may even enjoy shopping!
- You will learn how to handle unwanted attention from hasslers.
- You will be able to take a taxi, ask for directions, book a hotel room, order your food at a restaurant and buy basic items.
- You will learn about the gestures used commonly in conversation.
- You will be able to distinguish the letters of the Arabic alphabet and will start reading words in many places where you used to see hieroglyphs.
Our workshop comes with a booklet and MP3 files that will help you develop in your ability to converse with locals and improve your pronunciation.
The workshop is taught by a Moroccan teacher who is experienced in working with diverse international groups.